American Tower Operations Systems Administrator in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Shared Services Systems Administrator manages non-financial system applications utilized by more than 600 internal Operations employees and more than 10,000 external users. The incumbent will serve as the primary system administrator and be responsible for application configuration, designing and implementing enhancements to the core system and fulfilling ongoing maintenance requests and will serve as an expert for one or more of UST Operations Systems. The incumbent will work closely with functional teams and leaders to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure supporting the Operations teams, including goal setting and tracking, troubleshooting issues, and coordinating with the Senior Manager of Information Governance and Process for systems-related processes and procedures.
The incumbent provides subject matter expertise for troubleshooting and resolution of issues, and serves as the point of escalation for trouble tickets to the technical and production support teams within IT for Operations-focused systems. The Shared Services Systems Administrator must employ exceptional customer service, technical proficiency and a sense of urgency, and must effectively resolve issues with a focus on following through with resolution to users.
- Analyze and correct complex functional and data issues and develop solutions and workarounds
- Plan and execute system deployments and upgrades in conjunction with IT
- Perform preproduction planning; gather business requirements, design, and document and implement IT solutions that meet established requirements and standards
- Analyze needs and recommend effective solutions to meet user and business objectives
- Develop and prepare training materials and provide support for system user training workshops; present new systems, features, and enhancements; provide one-on-one training.
- Assist with the testing, and implementation of new and existing business systems.
- Assist with the preparation of documentation and user support materials to assist system users; develop, organize and write user manuals, guides and other documentation.
- Act as a primary point of contact in providing technical support and troubleshooting of supporting applications
- Represent the business in the design, development and testing of system solution
- Provide to functional team assistance and direction on technical system capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies (traditional, agile)
- Exceptional analytical troubleshooting skills required for end-server and end-user support
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the American Tower organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- Ability to multitask; detail oriented.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of system administration experience required
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 15% travel will be required in support of this position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, and lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Job: Admin Ops Systems
Title: Operations Systems Administrator
Requisition ID: 18000057