American Tower IT Project Manager in Woburn, Massachusetts
The IT Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates IT activitiesand resources to ensure project goals and objectives are accomplished withinprearranged time frames and budgets. Theincumbent will be responsible for overseeing and/or managing small- tomedium-sized project teams that develop and carry out internal IT projects forassigned areas. The incumbent will leadand manage all aspects of each project from start to finish, including scope,change and risk management of scope, schedule and costs/resources. The IT Project Manager facilitates theresource management process by tracking resource skills, committed effort,actual effort, and administering the resource scheduling system.
Manage from inception to successful implementation small- tomedium-sized internal systems/application development projects within assignedareas:
define project objectives, scope, and level of effort
- assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority toproject personnel
- establish work plan for each project phaseand arrange for recruitment or assignment ofproject personnel
- develop project strategies and plans and identify required methodsand tools
- review status reports prepared by project personnel andmodify schedules or plans as required
- prepare project status reports for management, business unitleaders, and IT management
monitor progress against plan
Review project proposals to determine time frame, fundinglimitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmentalresources to various project phases.
- Assist other project management personnel in creating timeblock and/or actual work plans for their assigned projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, andrequired tasks.
- Administer resource management scheduling system.
- Update portfolio-level project status summaries weekly forIT and business managers.
- Utilize reporting tools to analyze actual and planned resourcemetrics and provide visibility of resource utilization and availability to ITmanagement.
- Communicate project issues, including timing, budget,resources, scope and more, to IT management and project sponsor.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team membersthroughout the project life cycle.
- Adhere to best project management practices andmethodologies, such as Project Management Institute or similar standards.
Other duties as assigned
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resourcesneeded to meet objectives
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies andmethodologies
- Strong project management skills, which includes experiencein organizing, planning, and executing small- to medium-scale projects involvinginternal personnel, contractors, and vendors from vision through implementation
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levelof employees to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicabledepartment timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including theability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multipletasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization ofduties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solidrelationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasksand respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilizetheir resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Computer Science,Engineering, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent work experience isrequired.
- Prior experience with MS Project Server or comparableresource scheduling tool preferred
- At least three years experience in a project-orientedenvironment required, with experience in an IT environment strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in project management tools, such as MS Project
- Experience in tower industry, operations, leasing or real estatepreferred.
- Experience in finance and accounting environment preferred.
- 100% performed in climate-controlled internal officeenvironment working under normal office conditions.Approximately 0-10% travel will be requiredin support of the position’s responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel andhandle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.While performing the duties of this job, theemployee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight orexert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower Corporation is committed to a policy of equalemployment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based onhis or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed,religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familialstatus, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status,genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal,state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Job: Proj Mgr IT
Title: IT Project Manager
Requisition ID: 18000045