Rocket Software, Inc. Technical Support Technician I in Waltham, Massachusetts
Technical Support Technician I
Rocket Software is a leading global developer of software products that help corporations, government agencies and other organizations reach their technology and business goals. 1,400 Rocketeers on five continents are focused on building and delivering solutions for more than 15,000 customers and partners – and five million end users. Now entering its 27th year, Rocket Software is a vibrant and growing company. Rocket Software is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Support Technician for our M204 Product customers.
Location: Waltham, MA is the preferred locations, but the qualified candidate could be in any of the Rocket NA Offices.
Timing: This is an immediate opening
Description: The Technical Support Technician will be part of a team of support engineers as part of a fast-paced support organization with the primary mission to provide world class support to Rocket’s customers and partners. The Technical Support Technician will be responsible for assisting Rocket customers with applications guidance and support, including questions and problems regarding the installation, setup, configuration and functionality of Rocket Software products. This person will typically work as part of a team interacting with other technical support engineers, software developers, third party software vendors, customers and quality assurance engineers under the direction of Senior Level Technical Support Engineers.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Able to assess customer needs and set expectations
- Verify accuracy of business impact statement as provided by the customer
- Perform with limited direction, problem verification by confirming a customer’s environment, error messages, and symptoms of a problem.
- Able to troubleshoot common problems.
- Use testing tools for troubleshooting
- Researching moderate to complex cases using knowledge bases, documentation, etc.
- Gather information to develop reproducible cases
- Preparing, recommending, and guiding the customer through implementing solutions.
- Write collateral at an appropriate level
- Mastery of creating case tracking details for use by team members for similar/future problem resolution
- Assist TSEs at different levels
- Accountable for team and individual results
- Participate in internal projects and other work as directed
- Self-directed learning to expand expertise of Rocket Software products
- Contributes to training content, as necessary
- Available for some after hours, weekend, and holiday work
- z/OS (Multiple Virtual Storage), z/VM (Virtual Machine), and z/VSE (Virtual Storage Extended)
- JCL (Job Control Language)
- VTAM (Virtual Telecommunications Access Method) TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) and general mainframe communications
- TSO/ISPF/SDSF (Time Sharing Option /Interactive System Productivity Facility/ Spool Display and Search Facility)
- Experience in database (Model 204 and SOUL (Simple Objective User Language) preferred)
- SQL (Structured Query Language) and SQL scripting
- ODBC, JAVA, JDBC, C# and .NET
- HTML/XML/Web page Development
- Computer programming ability
- Networking fundamentals
- Provide/suggest code modifications to resolve customer issues
- Understand Object oriented language concepts.
- Broad knowledge of computer technology, PC, Web, Mainframe applications.
We offer an ethical, intellectually challenging, business casual office environment with competitive compensation, benefits and a 401(k) employer-matching plan. Rocket Software Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States