State Street Expense Insight Center - Compensation in Quincy, Massachusetts
Key member of the Expense Insight Center - Compensation team
The role includes a broad range of finance-related activities, including budgeting, forecasting and the closing process for various business units with an expense budget in excess of $8B. Other responsibilities include preparation of monthly management and flash variance analysis reporting, capital and depreciation tracking, and business case preparation.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work well with multiple priorities, offer sound analytical skills, and be proficient at preparing data for various management reporting requirements. Success in this position requires: commitment to the team and deliverables, critical thinking skills, sound written and verbal communications skills, ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and high standards for quality of work.
- Analyze employee related costs and provide insightful guidance to assist in managing the expense
- Track and forecast headcount by cost structure and support facility related planning
- Work with the Business Divisions and Corporate Functions to plan and track employee related Beacon Savings.
- Review actual results for accuracy and as a basis for future projections; support the Accounting Team on an as needed basis
- Lead, guide and oversight offshore staff.
- Work in a collaborative environment with global finance and business unit personnel, India offshore team, and other parties
- Provide oversight by becoming a key source of support and management within the group
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple and competing priorities
- Provide management reporting and metrics to Finance, Business Unit LFO and regional offices
- Provide budgeting, forecasting, and closing responsibilities for certain SSC divisions
- Proactively identify and provide guidance on expense savings opportunities.
- Participate and drive projects and team initiatives as needed
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with key contacts in Accounting, Finance, and Business Units
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; PowerPoint experience a plus
- Desired candidate should be able to work on multiple activities with varying degrees of complexity
- Strong analytical skills; comfortable building models and performing ad-hoc analyses
- High degree of attention to detail and proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable making presentations and presenting results and drivers to direct manager and senior management
- Strong systems knowledge: Essbase, Hyperion
- Experience with data analytics, process creation and improvement
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and think creatively
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the role and the team
Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time