Tenet Healthcare Physician Assistant - Surgical Opening - PRN Framingham, MA in Natick, Massachusetts
Tenet Healthcare and Metrowest Medical Center have an urgent Full Tim and PRN need for Surgical PA's of all surgical specialties!
If you are looking for an opportunity to have lots of OR time and work in a variety of specialties, this may be the perfect position for you! Our providers also get the opportunity to work an ideal schedule of M - F with normal business hours and absolutely NO CALL! Due to the nature of this position, we are only able to consider experienced candidates at this time.
Experience working in these specialties would be a huge plus:
Neuro - Surgery
The Physician Assistant will be a member of the Surgery Department at MetroWest Medical Center and join an already robust group of Affiliate Practitioners who cover in-house surgical patients. The Physician Assistant will be acting under the direction of the surgeon for which they are assisting. The Surgical department includes but is not limited to; general surgery, vascular surgery, bariatric surgery, urology, plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery, thoracic surgery, and neurology. The PA will perform duties adhering to standard practices and procedures, ensuring quality and safe delivery of care to patients aged pediatric to geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform detailed histories and physicals, complete daily multidisciplinary rounds, review medical records, laboratory findings, radiologic and diagnostic studies, develop and discuss plan of care with attending physician of record.
2. Assists during surgery and emergency situations as required or directed, following department protocols and procedures.
3. Complete daily progress notes, transfer summaries, discharge summaries, and consult notes as necessary.
4. Places lines including peripheral arterial and central access lines as required.
5. Performs basic and advanced life support procedures as situations necessitate.
6. Acts as a liaison between all members of the treatment team.
7. Attends meetings and seminars as required. Assists is educational efforts of students assigned to the service.
1. Frequent exposure to patient elements and emergency situations as they arise.
2. Regular walking and standing, lifting light to moderate weights, and bending or stooping during course of duties
Current State license and DEA
Organization: MetroWest Medical Center
Title: Physician Assistant - Surgical Opening - PRN Framingham, MA
Requisition ID: 1805011913