Harvard University Sdt Srvcs Officer I/Sprvsor II in Cambridge, Massachusetts
45147BRAuto req ID:45147BRJob Code:FS0356 Sdt Srvcs Officer I/Sprvsor II Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Program Services Manager, HBXSalary Grade:056Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree plus with a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in a customer service, sales, or marketing environment
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required
• HBX Live classes are hosted at WGBH (1 Guest Street, Boston MA) - travel to and from main office (175 N. Harvard Street, Boston MA) is required
• Prior experience working with technology, media or digital products preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint) required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer service orientation
• Ability to think proactively, suggest solutions, and manage multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
• Comfort working with a very diverse portfolio of organizations and clients
• Ability to recognize and respond to nuanced situations, and handle sensitive information with discretion
• Analytical and demonstrated ability to synthesize and report on data
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Comfort working with new technologies; experience coordinating development of and processes related to technical systems preferred
Additional expectations and competencies shared by the team:
• Extremely high quality standards
• Proven ability to work with shifting priorities and under tight deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Enjoy working both independently and as a team member
• Eager to thrive in a start-up environment where the work will change steadily
• Enjoy working as part of a lean team and pitching in to accomplish an evolving agenda
• Bring a “no job is too big or small” philosophy to work
Additional Information:Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.Department:HBXPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:Faculty & Student Services Duties & Responsibilities:
Harvard Business School (HBS) is pleased to introduce HBX, a team dedicated to delivering high quality business education through innovative online products. Join us.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Program Services, the Program Services Manager oversees a team responsible for the smooth delivery of a portfolio of HBX courses, including offerings delivered via our HBX Live platform. This role will manage participant experience from enrollment through course completion, ensuring a high level of engagement and satisfaction throughout the process.
This role will also work closely with Product Managers and the Sales Team as client relationships are established, and will be the relationship owner during the course for business clients who are sponsoring employee participation in HBX’s online courses. The Program Services Manager will interact with the Chief Learning Officer or equivalent point of contact for the client to ensure a smooth program delivery and the highest levels of satisfaction.
• Manage a team that is responsible for day-to-day program delivery operations for HBX offerings within this role’s portfolio; ensure full coverage of tasks associated with a participant’s learning experience with HBX
• Measure efficacy of course applications and develop recommendations to meet yield goals
• Manage relationship with faculty, clients and company representatives. Provide training to new faculty on HBX Live platform and serve as primary contact for session teaching materials
• Participate in HBX Live production to introduce session and support teaching faculty
• In collaboration with Associate Director, Program Services, develop and refine processes to deliver new courses and new models for existing courses from application to course completion
• Work closely with Sales and Product teams as new models of delivery are established to ensure smooth experience for participants.
• Execute HBX Live sessions as scheduled. In collaboration with Product team, determine operational requirements to support session goals
• Manage participant exceptions throughout programs, such as extension requests, withdrawals, deferrals, etc.
• Gather and report delivery-related statistics such as number of sessions, success/completion rates; participate in product check-ins to support targets
• Manage operational communications with relevant vendors
• Coordinate demos and tours for prospective customers, school partners and donors
• Refine and enforce course policies in collaboration with Content and Product teams
• Manage evaluation process of participants to determine certificate eligibility, working with Content and Data teams to ensure timely delivery of participant results and accuracy of participant records
• Collaborate with product and technology teams to gather new requirements for administrative systems (including application changes, participant management tools, etc.)
• Other duties as required
School/Unit:Harvard Business School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.