GCP Applied Technologies Sales Manager- Underlayments in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Lead a sales organization to ensure goals and targets are met annually. Implement business strategies for margin enhancement, strategic product growth, and productivity gains including expense management. Manage area, wealth, share, and assess competitive threats, and sales opportunity pipeline. Develop, maintain and build strong customer relations to maximize customer satisfaction. Lead and develop sales team within region by practicing and developing, communication, recognition, and support plans. Also develop a business model that shares best practices among sales representatives. Work cross-functionally with sales and marketing organizations on development, coordination, and implementation of sales strategies for new and existing technologies, products and programs. Influence and make recommendations to upper management on high performers within the sales group that can be developed to take on a higher level of responsibility over time.
Responsibilities for Sales Manager- Underlayment:
- Travel in the field, calling on present and prospective customers, supervising sales representatives and other sales personnel as needs require.
- Accompany sales representatives when necessary in performing any of their duties, such as holding important sales meetings, making important sales calls, team selling, training, and interpreting major policy decisions.
- Focus on key distributor agreements, key contractor sales, as well as OEM opportunities.
- Build, develop, maintain, and lead an efficient and effective, well-trained field sales organization, including customer support personnel, managers and territory sales representatives.
- Review overview sales representative performance and results. Assist and direct.
- Review reports on sales activities and compare them with planned activities to assure close adherence to and maximal achievement of goals.
- Prepare and oversee unit and territory work plans, budget, expenses, allowances, and performance goals.
- Control expenses and costs within the unit, approve expense reports of sales representative, and aid in building of operating budgets and operating within them.
- To develop, recommend and implement unit policies and programs relating to:
- Sales force productivity and effectiveness, including personnel department, hiring and firing.
- Size and type of sales organization, including sales, service and sales support.
- Compensation communication and recommendation, including incentives.
- Product and distribution lines, and distribution channels.
- Interpret and act on price terms, customers, and policy allowance issues.
- To maintain awareness for and communicate all competitive trends, policies, new products, sales campaigns, and competitive pricing. Education BA/BS college degree required.
Work Experience and Skills for Sales Manager- Underlayment:
- Minimum of five years sales experience in construction industry preferred.
- Minimum 3 years sales management experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills.
- Results oriented with strong sales leadership, interpersonal and organization skills
- Technical aptitude for construction products and problem solving required.
- Capable of managing a CRM system.