GCP Applied Technologies R&D Chemist/Engineer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The R&D; Chemist/Engineer will be responsible for developing building materials which are in line with the business strategies and growth of GCP Applied Technologies.
Job requirements for the R&D; Chemist/Engineer:
- Design and conduct independent research to develop new products, evaluate and improve performance and decrease the cost of existing products
- Scale-up products to manufacturing
- Manage all technical aspects of new product development, including assessment and evaluation of new ideas, development and testing of prototypes, and field testing
- Identify opportunities for the development of technologies for the benefit of the Building Envelope product line, working with the global research team
Work Experience for the R&D; Chemist/Engineer:
- 2+ years experience preferred
- Knowledge and expertise in adhesives- formulation, manufacturing, testing, designing adhesive based products
- Experience in lab environment with knowledge of various industry standard testing methods
- Project management skills with demonstrated track record of successful new product development
- Solid track record of high scientific achievement (patents, articles, presentations)
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Previous work experience in a global environment a plus
Minimum Masters in Polymer Science, Chemical engineering, Materials Science and Chemistry or related disciplines
About GCP Applied Technologies:
We are inspired to influence how the world is built.
GCP Applied Technologies is a global leader in construction products and technologies. These products are found in world-renowned landmarks, from the subway systems to the world’s tallest buildings. With roughly 2,400 employees and 57 manufacturing facilities worldwide, GCP Applied Technologies serves customers in more than 100 countries while being headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A.