GCP Applied Technologies FP&A Manager- Verifi in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The FP&A; Manager – Verifi is primarily responsible for reviewing contracts and agreements for ROI implications and contract profitability, ensuring that the accounting treatment is correctly assessed, and supporting global commercial finance activities, including M&A; assessment, process controls, and analyzing actual results and monthly and annual forecasts as needed. Comfort working in a demanding, global public company environment is critical to success, as is the ability to build strong relationships with the global and regional commercial and FP&A; teams and to manage and lead projects across functions.
Verifi® In-transit Concrete Management
Unlock a revolution in concrete management with consistent-quality concrete. Get real-time data on concrete workability
Measuring concrete slump with a metal cone is officially old-fashioned. Ready mix concrete producers can now shave off priceless minutes from the process of measuring and testing concrete on site. Instead, they can constantly measure and adjust the slump, and monitor the water content of concrete as it travels from the plant to the job site.
- Create process for modeling, tracking and amortizing capital leases and license income
- Provide insight, support and recommendations to Commercial business team & Director of Finance across a wide range of activities as to how actions will impact short and long term goals.
- Coordinate, prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual financial estimates and provide monthly, and additional ad-hoc (as required), analyses on results
- Coordinate, prepare and analyze monthly global consolidations of key commercial finance metrics
- Assist in special initiatives as required to support business unit goals . Conduct research on assigned projects/issues, identify course of action and make recommendations and execute as appropriate
Specific skill sets required:
- Strong technical accounting base in capital leases and licenses, and contract revenue recognition
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Executive presence and ability to drive results at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills
- Willingness to travel globally, as needed
*Work Experience: *
- Minimum of 10 years experience in an accounting and FP&A; environment.
- Advanced PC skills required- Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential
- Must be able to assume a leadership role within the department and on special projects
- Proven talent for leading multi-cultural teams in a matrix organization
- Expertise with wide range of financial systems and tools
- Global experience preferred
- Highly motivated and driven professional, able to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously. Strong work ethic. Excellent interpersonal skills Education:Bachelors Degree, MBA highly preferred