Abt Associates Analyst, Division of Health and Environment in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. The underpinning of our work is a research-to-practice framework, through which we engage in activities from research to program implementation. DHE provides a dynamic and collaborative work environment to our employees that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Analyst to support the Division of Health and Environment in Cambridge, MA.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Applies general and specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and business operations in the field(s) of specialization. Using independent judgment and discretion applies standard and non-standard quantitative and/or qualitative methods and techniques.
- Participates in the contract proposal process by assisting with the first draft or by independently completing modifications for moderately complex portions of the process. Coordinates and compiles data and backup materials to ensure fulfillment and compliance to standards. Trains and assists less experienced staff and troubleshoot questions and problems.
- Applies knowledge of resources to review professional journals and publications to extract and summarize relevant information for proposals and research projects. Uses internet-based search techniques to expand knowledge of subject matter, resources and available tools and summarizes findings for review.
- Exercises initiative to refer complex non-routine matters. Coordinates information for review to ensure adherence to schedule, plans, goals and budgets. Independently analyzes issues to reconcile and resolve problems. Applies knowledge and experience of general operations, systems, and project procedures and in depth knowledge of subject matter.
- Under indirect to general supervision, collaborates with clients by telephone or in person to survey, solicit or collect information or to direct interviews. Implements procedures for data collection, manipulation and analysis during all project phases. May participate in the establishment of new or revised systems, policies or methods.
- Applies knowledge of intermediate level computer-based word processing, applications, spreadsheets and database applications. May apply statistical programming applications such as SAS, SPSS or other specialized applications. May validate data and/or perform statistical modeling and forecasting and trend analysis using creative judgment on assignments of moderate complexity.
- Develops charts, graphs and presentations applying intermediate level application skills. May assist on high impact and complex projects. May manage project components, delegating and reviewing work for accuracy, and quality.
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in related fields.
- May represent company at to professional association meetings, recruitment gatherings and in-house events.
- Independently performs a variety of research and analysis tasks and may provide training and technical supervision to less experienced staff.
- Collects, compiles, validates, interprets and analyzes data and trends using standard practices and techniques in the field(s) of specialization.
- May perform computer modeling, simulation or simple to moderately complex forecasting using standard software packages.
- Applies quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex under indirect supervision where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
- Participates in portions of a large, moderately complex project(s) and/or proposals.
- May coordinate multiple, routine to moderately complex and high impact projects and/or proposals.
Preferred Skill / Prerequisites
- Technical and task management skills required. Writing ability.
- BA/BS (3 - 5) OR MA/MBA (Entry Level) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.