Macy's MyShop Captain, Full Time: Burlington Mall in Burlington, Massachusetts
* Job Overview: *
The MyShop Captain is an exceptional Associate - one who prioritizes the customer experience above all else. The MyShop Captain is a merchandise expert, knowledgeable in current trends, merchandise selection and availability. The MyShop Captain knows how to turn a browser into a buyer, utilizing product knowledge and finding out how best to serve a customer’s wants and needs. The MyShop Captain acts as a customer satisfaction role model for coworkers and peers, creating a memorable experience for each and every one of their customers. Guide the team to maintain high customer readiness and service standards at all times. As an advocate for the customer, communicates customer feedback and expectations to store and district leadership.
Essential Functions: *
- Serves as role model for peers and mentor for new hires on Product Knowledge, My Client, use of mobile devices and MAGIC Selling Behaviors to generate incremental sales
- Develops repeat business using My Client to regularly communicate upcoming events, new merchandise receipts and product replenishment to generate incremental sales, whether the client is in the store or not
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner
- Drive sales by consistently demonstrating exceptional Selling Skills
- Motivate team to ensure that individual, Shop and Store goals and priorities are being met and properly balanced
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and Macy’s shopping app
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using mobile devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Empower team to assist in all aspects of fulfillment to service customer needs.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard
- En su r e shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as necessary
• No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
• Two to three years management experience preferred.
Communication Skills: *
• Effective verbal, written and communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team & must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
• This position involves constant moving and standing. • Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. • Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
• May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders.
• May involve reaching above eye level. • Involves close vision color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other Skills: *
• Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Job: Non-Commissioned Sales
Req ID: 710114573