Franciscan Hospital for Children Environmental Service Aide II in Brighton, Massachusetts
Environmental Service Aide II
7:00AM-3:30PM Monday-Friday and e/o weekend
Summary: Under general supervision and following established procedures, performs a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of assigned areas. At times, may be required to do Aide I work as necessary.
· Occasionally helps to train new employees to perform assigned tasks.
· Selects materials, supplies, and equipment from designated areas. Loads supplies onto cart and transports work cart to assigned areas.
· Cleans Operating Rooms , Dental and pediatric areas
· Cleans On Call Room, Lab, Inpatient rooms, P.A.C.U., Morgue and Operation Float.
· Sweeps, dust mops and wet-mops hard and resilient floors of assigned areas according to procedures.
· Dry dusts, damp dusts and spot washes horizontal and vertical surfaces, such as walls, doors, partitions, as well as ledges, pipes, corners, and other hard-to-reach surfaces using step stools or ladders as necessary.
· Dusts, washes and polishes moveable and fixed furniture and equipment items such as tables, desks, file cabinets and waste receptacles as required.
· Cleans and polishes mirrors, stainless steel, brass, and other decorative materials as necessary. Removes graffiti.
· Vacuums carpeted floors and weather mats.
· Moves and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning.
· Sanitizes and disinfects sinks, toilets, showers, bathtubs and other restroom fixtures and accessories. Refills dispensers as required.
· Strips, cleans and remakes beds/stretchers upon patient discharge / transfer according to departmental procedures.
· Disposes of waste and linen, including contaminated and/or pathological and chemotherapy waste according to procedures. Relines receptacles with clean bags. Transports trash and linen to designated areas. Removes full needle boxes and replaces with empty ones.
· Reports facility repair needs to the immediate supervisor / designated person as necessary.
· Returns unused supplies to designated areas and cleans equipment after each use.
· Empties and transports recycle containers. Processes recycled paper according to HIPAA regulations.
· Assists in disaster response drills.
Skills and Abilities:
· Must be able to speak, read and write English.
· Understand oral instructions and follow printed label instructions in English.
· Knowledge of cleaning techniques, materials, supply and chemical usage, and the operation of manual and power equipment.
· Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, bend, crouch, lift, reach and stretch throughout the work day.
· Push, pull, and move items weighing up to 75 pounds, occasionally lifting items weighing approximately 15 pounds or less.
· May climb and work from ladders
· Interpersonal skills to exchange information courteously with patients, visitors, or office staff.