Ultra Electronics - USSI Quality Assurance Engineer in Braintree, Massachusetts
Ultra Electronics Ocean Systems is a recognized technical leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of undersea defense electronics equipment and systems. We have been a major DoD supplier for over 50 years and take pride in having successful partnerships with small business and research laboratories. Our long history with submarine communications, acoustic countermeasures, torpedo defense, Anti Submarine Warfare (ASW), transducers, and special purpose arrays are highlighted by the significant number of industry achievements that we continue to demonstrate within the defense community.
This position requires an individual ready to assume responsibilities for a lead quality engineering position. Assigned responsibilities will encompass all aspects of program QA support and associated tasks as assigned by management. Position requires hands on interaction with factory production personnel. The person will establish product quality metrics and be able to direct the successful completion of program quality assignments including reviewing products and processes for compliance to contract requirements and review of work practices for effectiveness. The candidate should be a dependable individual who presents accurate data. He or she will interact with product development and test personnel through both written and verbal communication. The right candidate is collaborative, flexible, has a positive outlook and is an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer who will meet commitments.
- Must have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with defense contractors
- MRB -lead and coordinate activities on discrepant materials.
- Responsible for metrics on Quality data collection and analysis
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- Ability to perform internal audits
- CAPA/FRACA – nonconforming material Root Cause & Corrective Action (8D)
- Ability to write procedures
- Support special projects as required
- Fluent in MS office, knowledge of Database software a plus (Access)
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be able to communicate with suppliers & customer in a profession manner
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
Desired Experience/ Competencies:
- IPC 610 & IPC 620 certification a plus
- Familiarity with MicroVu Inspection Equipment a plus
- Experience interacting with DCMA a plus
- Oracle – AGILE quality module
- Knowledgeable in GD&T;
- Experience with Receiving Inspection activities including developing inspection criteria based drawings and technical specifications
- S. in technical field or equivalent, 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must currently have, or be able to obtain, a DOD issued Secret security clearance
- Experience in a manufacturing production operation
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in teams with members from various disciplines.
Candidates with ability to lead ISO9001 compliance, Internal Auditing, Nonconforming Material Corrective Actions and Root Cause Analysis are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates with hands-on experience with receiving inspection activities /coordination and production floor quality support tasks are strongly encouraged to apply.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HAVE A CURRENT US SECURITY CLEARANCE OR THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN ONE.
Ultra Electronics - OS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Braintree, MA
Job Type: Engineering, QA - Quality Control
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 3/14/2018