State Street SPDR Americas Head of ETF Management & Operations in Boston, Massachusetts
About State Street
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Vet / Disability.
The Head of Americas SPDR ETF Management & Operations is a significant and high-visibility role for the Global COO organization within the SPDR business. You will work closely with SPDR capital markets, internal partners within SSGA, custodians and other critical vendors to ensure optimal service delivery in support of our Americas product lineup. You will be responsible for coordinating the timely resolution of ETF operational service issues, as well as ownership and completion of service requests from key business partners. In addition, you will keep ownership over key performance indicators, service level guidelines and provide performance reporting on the overall health of the operating platform on a regular basis. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly expanding ETF business.
- Coordinate ETF service delivery for the business across various operational teams and locations
- Create and maintain operational procedures, workflows, metrics and quality controls to ensure consistent standards for the Americas SPDR operating platform
- Act as primary point of contact for capital markets and other internal partners responsible for interacting with the primary market
- Lead oversight and collaborate with third party service providers, tracking performance and reporting metrics against established service levels
- Be a dedicated and knowledgeable resource for capital markets, sales and other internal parties with operating platform related inquiries and requests
- Maintain and improve the existing operating platform infrastructure, leading key operating platform improvement projects through the development and ownership of detailed project plans
- Own operating platform issue communication and resolution workflow; maintain excellent and timely communication among all involved parties
- Determine solutions by working with appropriate internal parties on outstanding issues
- Ensure full issue resolution and completion/retention of all required documentation, working across key teams and constituents (Funds Management, Risk, Compliance, etc.)
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitate collaborative solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (MBA a plus) with 7+ years of ETF operations experience
- In depth knowledge of ETF business and advanced understanding of ETF ecosystem
- Strong process orientation and ability to use operations and technology to respond appropriately and support a dynamic ETF platform
- Detail oriented with ability to focus and multi-task in fast-paced work environment
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships within SSGA and with external partners to seek solutions quickly and effectively
- Ability to execute and lead projects to a successful conclusion
- Ability to influence at senior levels of the firm
- Highly motivated and a valuable team member. A self-starter who approaches work enthusiastically and demonstrates initiative
Location and travel
This position is based in Boston.
- Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time