Pfizer Senior Healthcare Representative in Boston, Massachusetts
The Senior Healthcare Representative, Institutional Sales is responsible for managing business relationships, formulary access and product promotion within assigned accounts. These accounts include, but are not limited to, Academic Medical Centers and Community Hospitals. The IAS is charged with sales efforts and relationship development with physician targets, key KOLs, pharmacists and administrative leads within aligned institutions and surrounding hospital service areas. They should possess in-depth expertise in, or demonstrated ability to learn current promotional therapeutic areas, demonstrate strong selling skills, broad knowledge of payer dynamics, competitors and associated disease states. The IAS is also responsible for all business management within their territory and cross-functional account management within Pfizer.
Targeting and Sales:
• Focus on top institution- and community-based physician targets and KOL's
• Focus on development and advocacy of physicians in medical training (residents, fellows) for long term brand/corporate loyalty
• Speaker and Marketing initiative management at the territory level
• Drive sales in assigned accounts and with assigned targets
• Maintain strong relationships throughout physician groups, pharmacy and administrative leads within institutions
• Cultivate relationships with KOL's; build lasting relationships with top priority doctors
• Use latest technology and marketing content to address needs of targeted physicians
• Analyze and use available reports and information to understand impact of past customer interactions and make information based decisions
• Work closely with internal cross-functional teams as required
• Collaborate with external partner initiatives such as commercial payor's
• Gain access to physicians and Institution's in difficult situations
• Assess needs of target physicians and Institutions. When needs are identified then address those with a responsive approach, targeted skills, and appropriate resources
• Assess accounts and bring relevant cross functional skills/teams for solutions and business growth
• Manage all business dynamics within institutions aligned to promotional areas
• BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary
• Valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• Live within 50 miles of territory
• Substantial experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
• A demonstrated track record of success and accomplishment with previous pharmaceutical sales experience.
• 18 months previous pharmaceutical sales experience preferred
• Exceptional aptitude for learning and ability to communicate technical and scientific product and disease management information to a wide range of customers
• Demonstrated high degree of business acumen
• Proficiency using sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to Pfizer's long range technology model in bringing Pfizer information to market.
Functional/Technical Skills can include:
• Assess account needs and bring relevant cross-functional skills
• Promote broad portfolio of products; Strong knowledge of disease states, therapeutic areas, and products
• Deep knowledge of applicable institutions/ organizations
• Drive sales in assigned accounts
• Develop strategic account selling and management skills
• Maintain relationships throughout institutions
• Gain access in difficult situations
• Cultivate relationships with KOLs; build lasting relationships with top priority doctors
• Assess needs of target physicians; Address needs with responsive approach, targeted skills, and appropriate resources
• Deep knowledge of target physicians
• Develop superior selling, technical and relationship building skills
• Execute priorities of Manager
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: March 21, 2018
- Additional Location Information: Primary responsibility for academic institutions Mass General and Brigham and Women's Hospital, as well as several additional priority accounts in the greater Boston area.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.