PNC Relationship Manager III - Business Credit in Boston, Massachusetts
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101641 Rel Mgr III - Bus Credit
Sets relationship strategies and directs relationship management activities with existing clients to ensure client retention, risk management and revenue growth. Typically works with clients with advanced levels of risk and complexity of needs. Works independently and may mentor other team members.
Independently handles the origination, negotiation and documentation of credit and non-credit products and services with high levels of complexity. Prepares approval documents using independent judgment to identify risks and mitigants and analyze credit, collateral strength, and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties. Manages risk/return and drives quality for existing clients, actively identifying and mitigating different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
Expands and retains client relationships to generate revenue and deepen share of wallet. Focuses on client retention strategies by providing ideas and insights based on an in-depth understanding of the client's needs and their financial well-being. Focuses on increasing client engagement and loyalty.
Leverages an established and effective network of internal and external relationships, such as community and industry relationships, to enhance the client experience. Focuses on bringing entire bank to the client by presenting the full range of PNC's products and services.
With oversight as applicable, negotiates workout options with customers to reduce risks and losses. Works with internal and external business partners and borrowers to better secure collateral coverage.
MA - Boston
Relationship Manager III - Business Credit
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
MA042 - PNC Advisors/Boston
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
MA - Boston
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Customer Experience Management. - Extensive Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Sales Negotiating - Extensive Experience
- Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.
Business Acumen - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Financial Engineering - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and practices for creating a mix of financial instruments that will leverage a client's financial resources to an acceptable level of risk.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Collateral Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the concepts, objectives, tools and methods used in collateral management; ability to implement and develop collateral strategies for risk control and profit management.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Relationship Manager III within PNC's Business Credit organization, you will be based in Boston, MA .