McGraw Hill Education Platform Product Manager, Integrations in Boston, Massachusetts
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role ofProduct Manager - Integrationsworking in ourBoston, MAoffice.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
· Represent the “voice of the customer” within the agile tea, throughout the development life cycle. Deeply understand customer and business needs through regular interactions with internal and external users (faculty, students and administrators) to obtain real-world knowledge of the key challenges and opportunities across market segments. Clearly articulate definition of the business problem/opportunity and underlying goals and benefit(s). Translate customer needs into actionable user stories and completion criteria.
· Develop and execute robust research plans including a variety of approaches to gather data such as 1:1 interviews, focus groups, contextual inquiry observations, win/loss analyses, competitive reviews, and secondary research. Analyze and synthesize customer feedback and market research across market segments. Possess detailed knowledge of the commonalities and differences in use of the platform or product capability across the range disciplines and user personas. Partner closely with discipline DPAs and Product Team stakeholders to ensure that the nuances of their course areas are represented appropriately.
· Partner with TPM to develop platform vision and strategy as well as maintain a prioritized feature backlog. Own two-way communication of project status and risks to all business stakeholders.
· Act as the expert for the platform capability and support customer-facing teams with regular updates on features, benefits, and roadmap. Provide training, answer questions about the platform, and develop documentation to enable customer-facing staff to effectively support users. Collaborate to solve customer challenges and seize opportunities.
· Define and own business acceptance testing plan for platform features of all major and maintenance releases to ensure features delivered are “customer-ready” and meet the highest quality standards. Recruit participants and conduct ongoing user testing to validate solutions and gather experiential feedback to inform future development and prioritization decisions.**
What you’ll need to be successful:
· Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred
· 5-15 years’ experience in product management at a technology-based software company, preferably with experience in the information and education sectors. Ideal candidate has Higher Education experience.
· Experience as an Agile product owner and demonstrated success managing software platforms and tools with significant growth or revenue responsibility
· Track record of success bringing complex, innovative software products to market, preferably with SaaS
· Strong knowledge of education industry and experience in instructional and/or interactive design preferred
· Demonstrable experience managing and delivering multiple projects to deadline and budget simultaneously
· Experience with agile software development methodologies and processes
· Working knowledge of state-of-the-art online/digital technologies
· Strong understanding of open standards and the concepts behind APIs
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Management, The Product Manager of Integrations is responsible for leading feature planning and execution for product and platform capabilities across MHHE’s education solutions related to APIs, such as, integrations with Learning Management Systems, MHE Create and other LTI based third party integrations. To do this, the Product Manager identifies market problems and opportunities, conducts and analyzes market research, and clearly prioritizes and articulates product requirements to the appropriate Technical Product Manager (TPM) to ensure the solutions delivered meet overall business strategy and quality standards.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Clickhereto learn more!
Job: *Editorial/Content Development
Organization: *HIGHER EDUCATION_ME03
Title: Platform Product Manager, Integrations
Requisition ID: 38143
Other Locations: North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago