Sodexo Operations LLC Maintenance Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Manager – Facilities Maintenance for our University Client in the Greater Boston area.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities you will be responsible for managing the Maintenance and Trades Department and team. Requirements include:
5+ years’ experience in maintenance and trades management;
Experience and knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems;
Experience and knowledge managing CMMS and Preventative Maintenance program;
Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
Bilingual Spanish preferred;
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
System ID 71185
Relocation Type No
Employment Status Full-Time