State Street Global Defined Contribution Business Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
*Company:* State Street Global Advisors (SSGA)
*Job Title:* Global Defined Contribution Business Analyst
*Reporting To:Global DC Chief Operation Officer (COO) Department:* Defined Contribution (DC)
*State Street Global Advisors*
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. With over $2 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. The firm’s investment culture is built on experience and skill that each of its more than 440 investment professionals and over 2,350 employees around the world bring to every client relationship. SSGA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston.
*SSGA’s Defined Contribution Team*
With over $300 billion in global DC assets and over 30 years of DC experience, SSGA is one of the leading investment-only providers of DC solutions in the marketplace today. SSGA has managed target date strategies since 1995 and has extensive experience working with clients through multiple market cycles. SSGA’s DC team is led by Dave Ireland, Senior Managing Director and Global Head of DC and is comprised of over 20 professionals worldwide. DC clients rely on SSGA to provide a robust, global investment platform that offers access to virtually every major asset class, capitalization range and style, including low-cost index funds, a suite of QDIA-eligible target date strategies, custom target date and balanced funds, capital preservation investments and distinct DC share classes. In addition, SSGA provides dedicated DC research, thought leadership, implementation and participant communications assistance, demonstrating the firm's dedication to providing holistic DC solutions to clients.
*SSGA DC Team Website: http://www.SSGA.com/definedcontribution/*
*Global Defined Contribution COO Team:*
As an integral member of the global DC team, you will work to ensure that the business is operating at the highest level of effectiveness possible and is poised for growth. Working in partnership with all of the functional DC teams and under the direction of the Global DC COO, you will help to strategize, build, and manage the growth of the business. You will be responsible for managing the DC business’ financial and pipeline data and incorporating that data into financial projections, which will be used for business planning purposes. You will work to identify and lead projects to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, organization and growth of the DC business such as establishing management information systems for the growing business, planning team building events such as offsites and career development sessions, resource planning and working on DC business strategy more broadly.
You will be located in our Boston office and report directly to the Global DC COO in San Francisco.
*What we would need you to do:*
- Lead and handle day-to-day budget and financial projections for the global business
- Support senior members of the DC team in defining and driving business strategy
- Ensure that the business is organized to operate efficiently and positioned to grow
- Enhance MIS reporting and business intelligence to support business growth
- Identify, prioritize and lead projects needed to enhance how the business operates
- Build and maintain presentation materials to support interactions with executive management and other internal DC partners
*Education & Qualifications:*
- 2-5 years of experience in the investment management industry or related fields
- Knowledge of retirement/Defined Contribution industry preferred
- Ability to formulate strategy to convert ideas into action
- Proven ability to multi task and successfully direct complex projects
- High energy, motivated individual dedicated to excellence
- Self-starter that will excel and grow with a dynamic and entrepreneurial team
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to connect and engage an audience, explaining complex concepts in a simple fashion
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses what we value. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time