State Street Counsel, Vice-President - Human Resources in Boston, Massachusetts
State Street is seeking an attorney with 3 - 4 years of experience in labor and employment law to join a busy team supporting the Global Human Resources function in Boston. The role will primarily focus on traditional employment law matters, but will also provide support in the areas of benefits and executive compensation.
Be part of the in-house Global Human Resources (GHR) Legal team at State Street, reporting to the SVP, GHR Legal. You will work with three US-based attorneys and one administrative assistant on legal matters in the areas of employment law (primary), compensation and benefits, and corporate citizenship.
Under the supervision of experienced State Street attorneys, you will assist in all areas of the group’s practice, including:
- Drafting and negotiation of template and individual offer letters, employment agreements, separation agreements, and restrictive covenants;
- Providing advice to GHR and business units concerning all aspects of state and federal employment laws including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FCRA, FLSA, WARN, and similar state laws, as well as pay equity, whistleblower protection, and paid leave laws;
- Advising GHR and business units concerning performance management and disciplinary actions;
- Responding to demand letters and proceedings in state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, and the US Department of Labor;
- Supporting internal investigations concerning conduct matters and employee claims;
- Assisting in obtaining advice on labor and employment matters arising in non-US jurisdictions;
- Reviewing employee benefit plan documents, amendments and other related documentation;
- Advising on ERISA, fiduciary duty, vendor management and other issues related to qualified retirement plans, supplemental retirement plans, and health and welfare plans;
- Attending regional benefit committee meetings and reviewing committee processes;
- Supporting the design, implementation, and administration of compensation plans
and processes; and
- Supporting corporate citizenship initiatives.
- 3 - 4 years of experience in employment law practice required and experience with compensation and benefits law desirable;
- Demonstrated high level of quality, integrity and professionalism;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to exercise sound business and legal judgment;
- Able to work collegially with internal clients, outside counsel, and other members of the GHR Legal team;
- Strong time management skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and multiple priorities efficiently and with a high caliber of execution;
- Ability to provide excellent service to and foster close working relationships with clients;
- Strong organizational skills and independent follow through on issues and tasks;
- Capable of producing high quality routine work with general supervision;
- Admitted to practice in good standing in Massachusetts, admission in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Missouri, or California also desirable; and
J.D. from accredited law school.
Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time