Bank of America Attorney- Investment Management in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior capital markets and derivatives attorney to support Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Wealth and Retirement Solutions (GWRS) group’s offering of investment products to its wealth management clients. Primary responsibilities include:
• Providing legal support to the GWRS Capital Markets and Alternative Investments businesses, particularly with respect to SEC-registered public securities offerings, private placements, secondary market trading matters, and over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives transactions.
• Counseling the business on regulatory, disclosure, best execution, and trading matters pertaining to capital markets products, including equity and debt securities, fixed income investments, certificates of deposit, structured products, market-linked investments, municipal securities, listed options, and foreign exchange spot, forward and option transactions.
• Advising the business on OTC derivatives transactions, derivatives trade confirmations, ISDA definitions, and swap requirements under SEC and CFTC rules.
• Advising the business on SEC prospectus disclosures and securities distribution agreements.
• Advising the business on Volcker Rule provisions on proprietary trading.
• Advising the business on regulatory matters pertaining to the above.
• Participating in the review, policy and governance processes related to the above products and services, working with business and control partners across various groups within the organization.
Provides general legal counsel to AMGs investment management business as well as specific advice on products services and certain legal actions. Reviews legal contracts and documents. Directly or through staff conducts legal research. May represent the bank in legal actions. Individuals in this position typically have a minimum of six years of experience since admission to the Bar.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
• Prior in-house experience is preferred.
• Must be an effective communicator, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be a critical thinker who is able to meet tight deadlines and perform in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to collaborate with others is essential.
• Proficient knowledge of the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Commodities Exchange Act, and SEC, FINRA and CFTC rules and regulations, including Regulation D private placement regulations, Regulation S offshore offering regulations, Rule 144 restricted securities provisions, and swaps regulations.
• Experience with advising on OTC derivatives transactions and ISDA definitions, including those executed with high net worth non-institutional counterparties
• Must be admitted to at least one state bar (active and in good standing)
Posting Date : 03/29/2018
Boston, MA, 100 FEDERAL ST (MA5100),
New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.