State Street Application Developer AVP in Boston, Massachusetts
Global link, a division of State Street Global Exchange, is a leader in providing electronic trading platforms for multiple asset classes. Our platforms are used by 19 of the top 20 largest asset managers to execute trades, as well as manage post trade settlement processes.
We are current looking for a strong full stack Java developer to work on all aspects of web based applications as part of a fast paced, agile team. Developers in our group work closely with business sponsors, are encouraged to use current technologies where applicable, and are responsible for full life-cycle development tasks i.e. hands on development.
Attention to detail, demonstrated high level of independence and personal responsibility along with excellent communications skills are absolute requirements for this position.
Primary focus will be developing enhancements to our industry leading Foreign Exchange Settlement , Reporting and Entitlement Systems. These systems serve our customers around the globe and are available 6x24. They enable trading partners on our platforms to make smart trading decisions, settle large currency/derivatives trades as well as provide analytics and data services.
- Experience developing server side Java code for a web application in an Enterprise environment utilizing a popular J2EE application server (eg: Websphere, Glassfish, JBoss, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience with database development including SQL, PLSQL, and ORM tools like Hibernate
- Experience with Big Data tools, R, BI and Reporting tools such as Jasper/Microstrategy
- Experience in Database, ETL and Data warehouse design and Big Data/Hadoop Systems is preferred
- Qualified developers should have solid working knowledge of
- Java APIs like JMS and JTA
- secure coding principles and web security concerns
- web services
- good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Enterprise Service Bus
- other common open source libraries
- Experience working with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience working with container based deployment using Docker, Kubernetes
- Minimum professional experience of 7 years developing software
Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field
Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time