Turner Construction Company Administrative Assistant in Boston, Massachusetts
Division: Boston Main
Project Location(s): Boston, MA 02110 USA
Minimum Years Experience:
Job Type: Regular
Job Classification: Experienced
Education: No Degree/Diploma
Job Family: Administrative Support
Compensation: Salaried Non-Exempt
Position Description: Provides administrative support to a department or business unit.
Reports To: Department Head
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
• Act as liaison between supervisor and others (ie. Departments, external contacts, subcontractors, clients, etc.)
• Oversee/process day-to-day administrative items; mail, overnight mail, packages, expense reports, checks, etc.
• Compose and/or edit/distribute letters, memos, reports and other departmental correspondence on time. Keep track of when recurrent reports are due and meetings are scheduled, including maintaining lists of recipients and/or participants.
• Process orders and reports as required and respond to requests for information.
• Process invoices for payment.
• Set up and maintain files.
• Order and maintain all office supplies.
• Maintain calendars with vacation dates, schedule/confirm meeting dates, etc.
- Qualifications: Two or more years' experience in general office responsibilities and procedures. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook; Excel and PowerPoint helpful. Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor