RELX Group Accounting/Admin Assistant II - NRS in Boston, Massachusetts
Accounting/Admin Assistant II - NRS
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Administrative / Accounting Assistant II Business Unit: National Regulatory Services - NRS - Boston
Reporting to a Manager in Audit and Accounting Department, the Administrative Assistant II is responsible for providing accounting and administrative support to the Blue Sky Outsourcing department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Checking the bank website for customer payments and matching them with their invoice as well as entering the payment information into Quickbooks.
- Exporting and printing of all checks from Blue Sky Solution into Quickbooks for Blue Sky Administration staff, as well as maintaining the blank check inventory.
- Generating reports from Quickbooks on a monthly basis and sending voided checks and deposit slips to the Finance department.
- Generating the ACH file for our electronic filings.
- Preparing invoices for all Private funds as well as verifying their payments.
- Processing all company expenses for payment by assigning payment codes and obtaining approvals.
- Assisting the Vice President with preparing service contracts and proposals.
- Provide back up support to the Administrative Assistant I in answering the main phone number and transferring the calls to the correct staff member.
- Provide back up support to the Administrative Assistant I opening, sorting, date-stamping all incoming mail (correspondence from the states) when necessary.
- Learn the basics of Blue Sky Compliance to assist the staff when necessary.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education and Experience :
Associates Degree in Business or Diploma /Certificate from Secretarial School , or comparable business experience
Computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications; familiarity with Quickbooks a plus.
Organizational skills; verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; able to manage competing priorities and to handle tight deadlines.
About Reed Business Information:
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI General Benefits Package
- 401k match of 5%
- 18 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Benefits start the upon hire date
- Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com . EEO is the Law . EEO is the Law Supplement