American Tower Managing Attorney in Woburn, Massachusetts
TheManaging Attorney is responsible for the negotiation, drafting, review and administrationof FAA/VCC compliance issues, Sourcing and Procurement contracting andadministration, and Credit and Collections issues. The position reviews andapproves various agreement templates and addresses escalated legal issues. The Managing Attorney is responsible for understandingand ensuring contractual compliance with executed contracts, letter agreements,Master Services Agreements, and Master Contractor Agreements, including but notlimited to the development of contract summaries and conducting training forvarious departments regarding the Company’s legal obligations under thoseagreements. The Managing Attorney is also expected to understand and manage theimpact of legal and business decisions on the Company’s status as a Real EstateInvestment Trust (REIT).
- Inform external customers and internal teams of project statuses, procedural requirements and changes that impact the business relationship.
- Responsible for resolving tenant credit issues relating to agreement compliance as they arise and ensuring consistent application of procedures.
- Oversee the coordination with Credit Department department in resolving satisfaction issues with property owners.
- Negotiate or monitor negotiations of Attorneys and Paralegals in standard form sourcing agreement terms with vendors. Coordinate with Site Leasing Management, Project Management, Operations, Site Development and Finance to resolve escalated business and legal issues.
- Provide Site Leasing Management, Operations, Finance Vendor Compliance and Project Management teams guidance and training on American Tower’s rights and obligations under all existing and proposed master services agreements and master services and contractor agreements.
- Negotiate resolution of customer issues related to non-compliance with license agreements; Coordinate with Supervisor, Asset Integrity to identify and resolve equipment-related discrepancies.
- Coordinate with Senior Counsel and Vice President, Contract Management to set goals and objectives for continuous improvement in processes.
- Work closely with Site Leasing Management, Legal Operations, Collocation Project Management, Customer Accounting, Operations, Land Management, Finance, Services and Site Development to ensure constant open lines of communication exist in order to promote expeditious resolution of issues delaying contract processing.
- Ensure process efficiency and accurate and timely deliverables within provided cycle time goals. Provide consolidated status reports and cycle time metrics at regularly scheduled intervals.
·Thisposition may require the incumbent to have discussions or negotiations withgovernment officials on topics that may include: project implementation,challenging of interpretations, or advocating for or against existing orproposed legislation, regulation or interpretation of law.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise and manage the performance of Attorneys II and Supervising Attorneys.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Sr. Management, Recruiting and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Create strong collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated; Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying high quality solutions
- Excellent planning skills, ability to effectively manage priorities for self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines in dynamic and fast paced environment
- Excellent leadership skills; Ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results; Ability to influence and inspire action
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding
- Ability to identify strong talent and build individual and management capability
- Excellent strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision-making in key negotiations
- Demonstrated understanding of current law and policy as it relates to all relevant industries, including but not limited to Telecommunications and Real Estate law; Understanding of transactional Real Estate law and licensing in telecom leasing context
- Refined proficiency in contract negotiation and legal drafting; Ability to utilize knowledge of the industry trends and regulatory guidelines to successfully negotiate contractual agreements
- Excellent application of attention to detail in the preparation and review of contracts and agreements; Excellent legal drafting skills
- Ability to apply legal expertise and experience to make sound business decisions; Knowledgeable in practices, trends, technology and information that affect the department and the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across a broad spectrum of attorney and non-attorney recipients including all levels within the organization and external property owners and customers
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- JD and license to practice law (any state) required
- Minimum 7 years of relevant legal experience required
- Experience working with contract/license drafting and negotiation strongly preferred
- Management experience required in which one of the following occurred:
- leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
- leadership of business process improvement or management projects
- high competency in project management and the execution of multiple large projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals
- Experience in the tower or carrier industry strongly preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.Approximately 0-10% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower Corporation (“ATC” or the “Company”) is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Job: Mgr Atty UST
Title: Managing Attorney
Requisition ID: 170000DR