Vinfen Relief Residential Counselor in West Newton, Massachusetts
As a Relief Counselor, you will provide direct support on an as needed basis to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, or psychiatric conditions and behavioral health challenges in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person's quality of life.
Relief Counselors have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. You also strengthen residents' connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor's appointments.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: mental health, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, ABI, acquired brain injury, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, home health aide, HHA, psychology, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, rehabilitative, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field is preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or acquired brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment and the ability to coach and mentor.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background/ national fingerprinting and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check preferred
FULL-TIME: Part Time Relief - Per Diem
City: West Newton
Region: Greater Boston Area
Pay Rate: $11.50 / hour
Schedule: Per diem; hours may vary
Standard Hours per Week: Per diem; hours may vary