Sun Life Financial Trader, Investment Grade Corporate Bonds in Wellesley, Massachusetts
The successful candidate must have the ability to be a value-added partner with existing corporate bond traders, portfolio managers and research analysts in the surveillance of the fixed income market and the execution of portfolio strategy. Ability to assemble and review data, identify potential trading opportunities and execute in the cash and synthetic markets is required. Actively participate in the portfolio strategy and macroeconomic discussions.
• Proficient in the identification of potential fixed income trading opportunities and communicating them to the portfolio managers and research staff.
• Proficient in purchasing and selling investments independently and carrying out the most efficient acquisition or disposal strategy as directed by the portfolio managers.
• Works with other traders and portfolio managers to ensure investment decisions are consistent with portfolio objectives and constraints.
• Can manage all aspects of operating the trading desk and lead investment team meetings to provide full and accurate market information.
• Along with other traders, serve as liaison between Wall Street community, portfolio managers, credit analysts and clients.
• Works with the research staff and portfolio managers to quantify and interpret the financial impact of an opportunity and the risks and rewards, including likely return on investment.
• Monitors market movements, the economy, issuer events and regulatory environment to develop relative value opinions and market outlook.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.
• Must possess a solid knowledge of cash bonds, fixed income ETFs and credit default swap trading techniques and superior knowledge of the fixed income markets.
• B.A. or B.S. with 4-7 years investment grade credit trading experience.
• MBA and/or CFA preferred, but not required.
• Decisive. Ability to effectively assess the best balance of risk/reward for different issuers and generate trade recommendations.
• Must be able to work under pressure and have the ability to multi-task.
• Communicate effectively with Wall Street brokers, traders, syndicate managers and research analysts.
• Flexible to provide coverage across other sectors of public bond universe including MBS, CMBS, ABS and Treasuries.
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Title: Trader, Investment Grade Corporate Bonds
Requisition ID: INV01677