Vinfen Job Coach in Somerville, Massachusetts
As a Job Coach at Vinfen, you may work with people who have psychiatric conditions, intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, or behavioral health challenges to support their career goals. Job Coaches make a big difference in the lives of the people we support. You are a cheerleader, helping people strengthen their confidence. You are a teacher, helping job seekers gain skills that will help them succeed on the job. You are a mentor, helping people take pride in their work and achieve greater independence within their community. Your support and guidance will help individuals achieve goals, overcome barriers, and become more independent. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
Job Coaches' work days are diverse and on-the-go. You may coach people individually or in group settings. You may monitor individuals work progress and the effectiveness of various employment and vocational programs. Your work may involve traveling to various work sites in the community to provide hands-on support to both employers and people we serve at their jobs. You may act as a role model who demonstrates appropriate social interactions with employers and the public. You may track daily progress and achievement of individuals' employment goals. Lastly, you may be responsible for managing the daily operations at a program, facility, or community employment setting.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Day Habilitation, day time, mental health, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, ABI, acquired brain injury, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High School diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Strong time management, organizational and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, national fingerprinting and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check and vehicle access required
FULL-TIME: Full time - Regular
Region: Greater Boston Area
Pay Rate: $13.50 / hour
Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
Standard Hours per Week: 40