Riverside Community Care Early Head Start Home Visitor in Somerville, Massachusetts
Exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Home Visitor!
The Early Head Start Home Visitor in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards functions as the liaison between the Riverside Early Head Start (REHS) program and families with infants or toddlers, or pregnant women to whom s/he is assigned.
The Early Head Start Home Visitor through home visits and socialization experiences enhances the healthy growth and development of families by providing health, nutrition, early childhood and parenting education, social services, nutritional services and problem solving support to families who meet the income guidelines established by the federal government.
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent supervision, competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Basic computer fluency, including Microsoft Office and data based systems, required. Child Growth and Development, Infant Toddler Growth and Development and curriculum courses preferred
- Preference given to persons who speak Spanish as the position demands
We are looking for a great candidate that has the following competencies:
- Knowledge of early childhood education
- Ability to communicate and motivate people
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and plan for additional resources, and set goals and objectives
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle required
Must be able to pass a CORI Required Experience
Associate's degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred; must have a minimum of High School Diploma and willingness to get 12 credits in ECE with 6 credits in infant/toddler required within 2 years
- Experience with low income and diverse young children and their families preferred
Tracking Code: 1865-709
Job Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular