Vinfen CBFS Benefits Coordinator in Somerville, Massachusetts
As a Benefits Coordinator I, you will work on a Collaborative Action for Recovery (CAR) Team to provide community-based support to people with psychiatric conditions and behavioral health challenges living in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. Using a motivational interviewing and strengths based rehabilitation approach, you will engage with clients and help them evaluate their current life circumstances compared to their hopes, dreams and plans for the future.
This is a fast paced, community-based position geared toward helping clients engage in the recovery process and become a part of their community. In your role, you will you will support clients receiving Community Based Flexible Support (CBFS) services and other CAR team members with information and expertise about community resources available to the clients served to find and obtain the full range of benefits and entitlements available, given their individual circumstances. Additional responsibilities include providing outreach services to CBFS Services clients and implementing clients' Individual Action Plans (IAP).
In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by building independence skills.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: rehabilitation, social counselor, social worker, provider, social services provider, counselor, mental health, psychiatric, social services, mentor, counseling, social work, psychology, mental illness, mental health, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, community based, human services, nonprofit, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field required, but experience may substitute for education. High school diploma or GED required.
- Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP) preferred.
- 2 years experience working with people who have psychiatric disabilities, ideally providing community-based services.
- Strong time management skills, writing skills, organizational skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year. Additionally, this position requires a fully insured vehicle that you will use in the course of your daily work. You must be willing to transport clients in your vehicle.
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check and vehicle access required
FULL-TIME: Full time - Regular
Region: Greater Boston Area
Pay Rate: $37,500 / year
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 3 days 8am-4pm; 2 late days 12pm - 8pm Rotating weekends (6 cycle rotation)
Standard Hours per Week: 40