CBRE Assistant Chief Engineer in North Quincy, Massachusetts
Assistant Chief Engineer
North Quincy, Massachusetts, United States at https://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/28013/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Requisition # 17027949
Assistant Chief Engineer supports the Senior/Chief Engineer in directing the engineering department, preplanning of mechanical preventive maintenance, and supervises and directs maintenance personnel in installation, repair, and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems in a data center and/or facility with a critical environment. The Assistant Chief Engineer has strong technical skills in one or more critical environment electrical/mechanicals systems, infrastructure, and operating practices and must strive for the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the client’s needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime. The position typically requires hands-on operations and maintenance work on critical facility systems and equipment. Work requires strong formal conduct of operations skills, technical expertise, personal accountability, and flawless execution of work activities commensurate with a high risk critical environment and associated expectations for exceptional customer satisfaction and confidence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Direct operations and maintenance staff on shift and monitor performance of assigned responsibilities. Perform and/or direct the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Check malfunctioning equipment and ascertain corrective actions required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
• Works with staff to provide support to ensure they are properly trained and qualified for their assigned facilities and associated work in a critical environment, including full implementation and strict adherence to the CBRE FM Critical Environment Playbook.
• Responsible for the day-to-day direction of operation, maintenance, and modification of all critical environment building systems including: mechanical (including HVAC, computer room air conditioners, chillers, and plumbing) electrical (including UPS, DC battery systems, PDU, generators, transfer switches, and switchgear), cabling (including data and voice, broad band), fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV).
• Develops and/or reviews construction and maintenance Critical Work Packages (CWPs) for assigned facilities and systems.
• Leads or directly operates and monitors critical and non-critical system equipment and components. Oversees CWP work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for the safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment. Disables and enables fire alarm control panels and systems.
• Provide training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and trouble-shooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
• Supervise and implement the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or
delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
• Manage the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings. Includes implementation of advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform.
• Responsible for providing technical input and support to facility projects and modifications, including construction support, commissioning, and final acceptance, as applicable.
• Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
• Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage the safety training program. Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
• Insure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase-order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
• Limited travel is required in this position.
• Performs additional job duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED equivalent with two years of trade schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and/or HVAC
7+ years experience in data center (or similar type critical environment) operations, maintenance, and engineering supporting critical facilities operations.
Strong working technical knowledge and understanding of critical data center systems, including HVAC, standby emergency power, uninterruptible power supplies, and associated infrastructure
CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES
Applicable license /permit for trade as required (e.g. Journeyman or Master/Electrician, City/State License)
Universal CFC License (within 90 days of hire)
Valid Driver’s License
Ability to develop draft work scripts, methods of procedure, and standard operating procedures
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of outcomes in varying situations
OTHER SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES
Proficient in basic computer applications and software such as MS Office
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve results. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department, critical line of business, and/or facility uptime.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
US Company Profile
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE Limited is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, family status, gender identity or expression, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates at any time. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact CBRE Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org mailto: email@example.com or via telephone1-866-388-4346.
As a leader in real estate services, CBRE's professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. Visit www.cbre.ca