Sallie Mae Marketing Coordinator, Senior in Newton, Massachusetts
Marketing Coordinator, Senior
Req ID S01269
Sallie Mae is a company created with great purpose. We make the dream of higher education a reality. We do it by being a resource for families who want to save, plan, and pay for college. Our vision, to be a trusted financial partner, inspires us to explore new ways to serve our customers every day. No matter what position you hold at Sallie Mae, you'll have a role in moving us toward that vision.
Over the last 40 years, Sallie Mae has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college. The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality.
This position is responsible for coordinating and executing marketing campaigns run through the internal creative agency. They have in-depth knowledge and expertise around the Sallie Mae Business units and products, knowledge of all marketing channels, including direct mail, email, online and print advertising, web, and social. They use best practices and knowledge of business issues to improve services. They can solve complex problems, and take a new perspective to identify solutions. They have an understanding of the agency environment and creative process. They work independently with some guidance.
This position is a part of the Creative Services Team, the in-house advertising agency for Sallie Mae and is responsible for coordinating and executing production and/or mid-level marketing communications activities for all media channels in support of Sallie Mae direct-to-consumer initiatives.
Applies knowledge of creative service processes to effectively oversee and coordinate activities between the Creative Services team and the business unit by establishing kick-off and follow-up meetings, documenting job specifications, monitoring progress and providing job status. Communication activities include marketing communications such as websites, landing pages, emails, and display advertising for Private Loans, Partner Channel, School Channel, Banking, Upromise, and/or Corporate Marketing. Responsible to ensure that the Sallie Mae brand is observed in all communications.
Project Management & Creative Development 70%
- Manage the coordination of creative production-level and mid-level projects from beginning to end of the creative development process
- Establish and communicate production priorities, scheduling, MRM documentation, status updates for management
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions, and ensure Creative Services Team executes and delivers within or above set expectations
- Assist senior team members with kick-off meetings and coordinator of higher level projects as needed
Interface with Clients 15%
- Interface with internal and external clients to understand and interpret creative requests
- Ensure strategic alignment with all client goals and overall company
New Accounts 15%
- Assist in the execution of assigned initiatives to increase new accounts and asset contributions through direct to consumer, school advisor to consumer, and employer to consumer channels
- Target prospects and existing customers across channels including web, email, social, advertising, video, and events.
- Apply learnings to create efficiencies and optimize creative
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing, Communications or other related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years progressive experience working in a Creative Services environment, preferably working in a financial services industry
- Minimum 1 year agency experience or project management experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- PMP Preferred, not required (Project Management)
- Working knowledge of all marketing channels, including direct mail, email, online and print advertising, web, and social
- Ability to handle tactical execution
- Agency experience with the understanding of the Creative process
- Ability to travel to client meetings (less than 10% of travel per year)
- Working knowledge of business area processes, procedures, and department systems
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Working knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine and sometimes complex inquiries with limited supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain key business relationships to expedite processes
- Excellent oral/written communication skills with the ability to articulate issues in a clear, concise manner to all audience levels
- Developing presentation skills
- Strong organization skills, high attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment
Self-motivated, results oriented#LI-DNP
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Newton, MA
Date Posted Sep 5, 2017