Jewish Community Center Leadership Program Intern - Diller Teen Fellows Student Intern in Newton, Massachusetts
Diller Teen Fellows Student Intern
JCC Greater Boston, Newton
Purpose of the position:
This position serves as a unique platform university students to exercise leadership by supporting the Diller Teen Fellows program. Chosen interns will acquire hands-on professional experience while working with local Coordinators to strengthen the year-long program.
Central Task / Vision
The Local Program Intern will assist with the Coordinator's work by being active in the educational process. They will share responsibility for the training, work with Junior Counselors, and by provide logistical and administrative support to the local program.
Extent of Participation:
The extent of the Local Program Intern's presence/participation at the various meetings will be determined by both the Intern and the Coordinator in consideration of:
The minimum time needed to realize the purpose and tasks that derive from the position.
The intern's availability in relation to his/her studies and test schedule in the academic program in which he/she is enrolled.
November 10-12, 2017: Shabbaton
February 2-4, 2018: Shabbaton
March 18-28, 2018: Jewish Community Mifgash
July 1-23, 2018: Israel Summer Seminar
Central Tasks of the Position:
- Take part in and help plan the educational process for the cohort.
- Generate peer-level interpersonal contacts with the Junior Staff, empower them, and support them in programming.
- Assist the Coordinator with logistics and ensure processes run efficiently.
- Set a personal example (for Junior Staff and for Fellows) as a leader, an individual, and an agent of change.
- Participate in a conference call once a quarter with International Staff and other interns.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university in the Boston area.
- Excellent communication and self-advocacy skills.
- Orderliness, good organizational ability, and attention to detail.
- Assertiveness and self-confidence.
- Excellent ability to form personal connections.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with readiness for contributing and benefiting mutually.
- Ability to perform and take charge; ability to carry out tasks without needing the Coordinator's close accompaniment.
Applications due by November 1, 2017. TTo apply, please email email@example.com with a subject of Boston Diller Student Intern. Please send your resume and a short paragraph explaining why you are the best candidate for the position.
Interns will receive a stipend for their work over the year.
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families can access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. Serving more than 50,000 people each year, we engage more Jews and the people in their lives than almost every other Jewish institution in Boston combined.
Date Posted: 10/11/2017
Title: Leadership Program Intern - Diller Teen Fellows Student Intern
JCC: JCCs of Greater Boston
Location: Newton, MA