Quest Diagnostics Athena Diagnostics: Tech, Bio-Analytical Instr Sr. - Marlborough, MA in Marlborough, Massachusetts
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Tech, Bio-Analytical Instr Sr. in our Marlborough, MA location.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm, occasional weekends and nights
Full-time, 40 hours weekly
Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3785978
The Bio-Analytical Instrument (BAI) Technician II is a non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Operations. Provides assistance to internal clients and is accountable for working independently with minimal supervision. The position requires strong communication skills both verbal and written plus technical skills to accomplish job responsibilities. This is considered a senior level position and is second in a two level job family.
- Performs high complexity preventive maintenance on various instrumentation in the laboratory (i.e: Hamilton’s, TECAN’s, and Iscans and any upcoming new technology).
- Performs experiments and suitability tests to evaluate new laboratory instruments.
- Performs troubleshooting of instrumentation including (but not limited to) communication, software, and hardware.
- Perform troubleshooting of assay related issues in relation to instrument issues (i.e. low counts, irregular pressure traces, retention times, reagents, etc.)
- Assist in installation of new instruments as needed.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place and maintain documentation to comply with guidelines of inspection agencies, manufacturers and department recommendations.
- Maintain a high level of competency and expertise in the area of instrumentation (i.e. reading related articles, attending workshops, in-house lectures, off-site trainings and seminars).
- Maintain inventory of critical parts for instrumentation.
- Assist in special projects from the supervisor or other department managers and/or directors as needed.
- Travel to other business units as needed to assist in issues regarding troubleshooting, training, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory agency requirements through documentation, audits, and corrective action.
- Assigned to manage and/ or complete assignments outside of regular work to aid in assay or department improvements (i.e. workflow study, green belt projects, testing new instrumentations).
- Work overtime to ensure repair of critical instrumentation.
- BA/ BS degree or above (preferably in science, engineering, or computer information) from an accredited college or university with at least two (2) years of laboratory experience is preferred. Or, high school diploma with a minimum of ten (10) years of laboratory experience is required.
- Requires at least three to five (3-5) years of Bio-Analytical Instrumentation Technician experience.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. word processing skills using Windows based software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Lifts light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and requires long hours of eye and hand coordination.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards determined by the department.
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and procedures outlined in the Environmental Health & Safety Manual.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.)
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.
Job Title: Athena Diagnostics: Tech, Bio-Analytical Instr Sr. - Marlborough, MA
Job ID: 3785978
Location: 200 Forest Street
Full/Part Time: Full-Time