MIT Lincoln Laboratory Senior Subcontracts Administrator in Lexington, Massachusetts
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is a Department of Defense Research and Development Laboratory chartered to develop advanced technology in support of national security. In 2016 the Laboratory celebrated its 65th anniversary of service to the nation. Research and development activities focus on long-term technology development as well as rapid system prototyping and demonstration. These efforts are aligned within key mission areas, including air and missile defense; space control; homeland protection and tactical systems; biological-chemical defense; communication and information technology; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems and technology; and advanced electronics technology. The Laboratory works with government and industry to transition new concepts, technology and prototypes into future system development and deployment.
The Contracting Services Department is seeking a Senior Subcontracts Administrator to work within the Major Procurements section. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of subcontracts management experience to include comprehensive experience in FAR/DFAR clauses, contract law RFP formation and subcontract administration, cost and price analysis, negotiation, spend analysis, strategic sourcing, acquisition planning, supplier relationship management and project management. Demonstrated experience soliciting and analyzing quotations, including SOW development; negotiating terms and conditions of purchase, payment and price; work with internal customers and vendors to resolve problems with shipments, defective items and expedition of orders; prepare all correspondence and documentation necessary to secure government consent, and other duties as assigned.
The candidate should exhibit leadership and teamwork when working and coordinating with the activities of others and demonstrate the ability to build positive and professional relationships to successfully accomplish work assignments.
· 5-8 years of Subcontracts experience; DoD Subcontracts experience a plus
· MBA or BS with equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional certification in Purchasing or Government Contracting is preferred
· Experience in evaluating, negotiating, pricing and administrating complex/high dollar cost reimbursement, fixed price and incentive subcontracts desired
· Demonstrated experience with an automated purchasing system
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· SAP procurement experience highly desirable
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
· Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.