Commonwealth Care Alliance Job Details: Clinical Educator in Framingham, Massachusetts
Job Details: Clinical Educator
- Vacancy NoVN1685
Posting TitleClinical Educator
Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
This position is office based and will support the Framingham and Springfield offices
The primary responsibilities of the Clinical Education and Development Manager are to provide clinical education to clinical staff, provide new employee orientation, to develop and implement competency testing for clinical staff, to develop, implement, and assess a mentoring program for licensed clinicians and to actively conduct clinical research as required. A secondary responsibility is to cover for clinicians as needed. This position reports directly to the Sr. Mgr. Clinical Education and Staff Development
• Develops and coordinates educational experiences and clinical training for staff on an individual and group basis, including team meetings and educational offerings.
• Offers support to clinicians as requested around clinical program development.
• Provides support in identifying appropriate clinical resources for clinicians.
• Reinforces or teaches appropriate clinical assessment and examination techniques as needed.
• Develops and implements new employee orientation for clinicians that is consistent, uniform and comprehensive.
• Develops and implements competencies directly pertinent to clinical roles
• Plans, develops, implements and assesses a mentoring program for newly licensed RNs, and other positions as needed.
• Formulates and/or participates in research that is relevant to the clinically driven, consumer-directed team model of care of CCA and provides on-going clinical education and support to clinical staff
• Participate in ongoing staff development trainings to maintain and improve personal knowledge base.
• Attends PCT, staff meetings and case reviews as required.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Education Required Bachelor of Science Degree/ Master’s Degree preferred
Minimum Years’ Experience Required 5 years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum five years clinical experience, preferably in chronic diseases and case management.
• Minimum two years teaching experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and educationally diverse staff and patients.
• Creativity, flexibility, sound judgment, and the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and leader in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws