Vinfen Safe Haven Residential Counselor in East Boston, Massachusetts
As a Safe Haven Residential Counselor, you will provide support to and engage Safe Haven residents in a welcoming and comfortable setting, designed as a safe, low-demand alternative to the streets or shelters for people with significant histories of homelessness and psychiatric conditions, sometimes with substance misuse. You will meet residents' needs for privacy and safety, and gradually encourage their participation in working on their self-defined needs for income/benefits, finding permanent housing, addressing health issues, and building social support.
Together with staff and residents, Safe Haven Residential Counselors will foster a place of mutual respect, support, caring and collaboration where safety, health, and learning are paramount and attaining permanent housing is the goal.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, developmental disability, recovery.
- A bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field is preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior Human Services experience preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR and First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check preferred
FULL-TIME: Full time - Regular
City: East Boston
Region: Greater Boston Area
Pay Rate: $13.30 / hour
Schedule: Tue - Thu, 1 pm - 9 pm Fri & Sat, 8 am - 4 pm
Standard Hours per Week: 40