Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineering Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Do you want to be part of the team that is delivering the collaboration experiences in Office? Are you an awesome coder, have strong design skills, and have the desire and ability to work across different mobile, web and desktop code bases? Do you have a passion for helping teammates grow and achieve more?
Our team in Cambridge, MA is building shared code collaboration features for use in Word, Excel and PowerPoint across a wide array of platforms, and is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager (EM) to join the engineering leadership of the team. EMs are responsible for managing a team of engineers (8-12) who own a feature area within the wave of collaboration innovation that we’re driving. They partner with Program Management to define the features for their area of ownership, work with their individual contributors on design and engineering plans, and then drive execution against that.
• Provide End-to-End Technical Leadership
• Mentoring people, helping them grow, and developing their careers
• Partner with product management to lead features execution across engineering disciplines to deliver great experiences
• Provide oversight and accountability for technical decisions
• Drive efficient execution against the business and technical strategy.
The successful candidate will have:
• 8+ years’ of experience with C++, Web Technologies and/or Mobile Platforms
• 5+ years’ designing, developing and shipping software
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
• Experience in developing, designing, and shipping high quality code across multiple platforms/services.
• Excellent hands-on design, coding, architecture, validation, and debugging skills Great communication and collaboration skills.
• Track record of driving projects independently, taking calculated smart risks and executing on them successfully
• Past experience as a project lead or v-teams driver would be a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.