Abt Associates Research Library Intern in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Abt Associates is looking for a current MLIS student to help support the library services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The intern will assist with a variety of ongoing tasks associated with the Abt Research Library services which include:
- Organization of print and digital collections
- Interlibrary loan retrievals
- Supporting literature searches and research requests
- An important project for this internship is related to an upcoming move of our print collection. The intern will help prepare the collection for the move, and in developing a new cataloging structure in our new space.
- The intern will work under the direction of the Abt Research Librarian.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
Enrolled in a library science program
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Self-motivated and able to work independently
Familiarity with library online cataloging and management systems
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.