Harvard University IT Help/Support (N) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
43527BRAuto req ID:43527BRLocation:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Collaboration Support EngineerSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:056Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:• BA or equivalent work experience
• One year experience in SAAS based collaboration environments in particular Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Google Drive, GMail
• 2 - 3 years of Microsoft enterprise technologies including Active Directory and Exchange
• 3 years with Office 365 as well as Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), directory synchronization (FIM) and other tools necessary for running hybrid on-premises/cloud services
• Working knowledge of identity management and provisioning technologies, SharePoint, Google Apps, OneDrive, Yammer and other collaboration environments
• Ability to communicate with IT management and customers at all levels in a professional and articulate manner
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong desire to stay current on technologies in product set and analyze trends and opportunities for improving the services
• Understanding of DropBox
• Working knowledge of the ITIL service delivery model
• Excellent judgment skills, particularly around issue escalation
• Excellent customer service and communications skills
• The ability to work with minimal supervision
Additional Information:Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of InformHarvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
• Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT!
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To make it easier for students, faculty and staff to learn, research, teach, and work through the effective deployment and use of information technology.
Department:Harvard Phone and CollaborationPre-Employment Screening:Criminal, IdentityJob Function:Information Technology Duties & Responsibilities: The Collaboration Support Engineer is responsible for the operational support of the tools managed by HUIT’s Messaging and Collaboration Services group. Services will evolve over time, current services include: email, cloud file sharing/storage tools, instant messaging and message hygiene environments. The Support Engineer for Collaboration Services duties include all Tier 3 application support, project participation, queue management, publishing of technical documentation and artifacts and vendor escalation. Will work closely with Systems Engineers and other colleagues to resolve customer issues, publish support documents, assist in implementing new features and serve as SME on all Office 365 and Google Apps applications and features.
• Provide overall technical, configuration, and Tier 3 end user support for email, instant messaging, message hygiene and other production systems within the Collaboration portfolio and development/test systems in a highly collaborative and matrix team environment
• Manage, remediate and execute weekly mailbox migrations, work closely with the migration project team
• Serve as an escalation point and liaison between customers, identity management and other IT resources in resolving Tier 3 operational issues and tickets
• Field ad-hoc queries and requests from stakeholders and escalate to as required
• Provide technical and configuration support to assist in authentication and provisioning accounts to on-premise and cloud services; troubleshoot issues between Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, Directory Synchronization, Message Hygiene, and Identity Management related tools
• Adhere and assist in the Change Management processes outlined by the HUIT ITSM policies
• Interact with end users, support desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environments; assist Director in preparing business and use cases
• Develop test plans, coordinate and assist in testing changes to the environments and ascertaining and documenting impacts on end-user platforms including Windows, Mac & mobile devices
• Create and maintain documentation on products including system diagrams, run-books, and operational and support procedures; mentor and train operational and support staff
• Provide technical input to assist in development of service transformation project plans
• Provide training materials and support to improve operational efficiency for the Tier 1 service desk
• Enhance and automate processes and tasks to facilitate administration of services
• Take part in the collaboration group’s on-call process and become familiar with HUIT’s Incident Management processes
• Provide support and coverage for SharePoint, Google Apps and other services within the Collaboration Services portfolio.
• Maintain system and end user support documentation
• Continue to develop knowledge base to support new tools and technologies
School/Unit:Harvard University Information Technology EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.