GCP Applied Technologies Full Stack Developer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
GCP Applied Technologies Inc. is $1.5 billion, industry-leading public company with customers in more than 110 countries, operations on six continents, and an energized team of 2,500 employees. Our headquarters and R&D; center are located in Cambridge, MA, USA.
Our products are found in world-renowned landmarks, from the subway systems to the world’s tallest buildings. We produce sealants for 3 out of 4 cans worldwide, while enhancing millions more packages of the world’s best-known brands. We are #1 in cement additives and #2 in concrete admixtures; #1 in bonded pre-applied waterproofing membranes and a global leader in waterproofing technologies; and #1 in can sealants, leading packaging innovation for nearly 100 years. Our technologies reduce the environmental impact of our customers’ products and environment, health, and safety are core to our business and our culture.
The GCP worldwide team is as diverse as the many countries where we operate. Together, we create and collaborate, sharing a commitment to focus, to professionalism, to knowledge applied, to teamwork, and to outperform. When we enable our customers to succeed, so do we.
Based in GCP’s corporate headquarters, the custom software development team is a small, highly motivated team of top-notch software developers and engineers working with the latest tools in an agile, start-up-like environment. We work on a variety of high-visibility technology projects that are central to the company’s strategy, including Internet-of-Things (IoT), cloud applications, mobile applications, big data, machine learning and predictive analytics.
We are looking to bring on developers with a proven track record for delivering quality software in a timely fashion. Ideal candidates will enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment that values collaboration and open teamwork. Our developers have opportunities to work on all parts of the technology stack (UI, backend, mobile, etc.) and on a variety of projects.
Some examples of projects you might work on include:
- Prototyping custom web/mobile app connected to RFID readers via BLE
- Developing (and re-developing) custom apps to drive business development and marketing
- Building a core platform (app, data, code) to enable modular/standardized development of a variety of applications
- Supporting integration with 3rd Party APIs
- Expanding REST APIs for our cloud IoT concrete truck management application
- Developing custom logic to support our predictive sales management application
- Create custom monitoring and business dashboard apps to support Intelligence Labs operations
- Re-writing the Verifi portal for improved user experience on both web and mobile interfaces
- Make improvements to the scalability, security, seamless deployments and failover/disaster recovery of high-availability cloud applications. Required Skills
- MS in Computer Science and 3 years of programming experience (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience with JAVA, J2EE, Spring, Tomcat, JBoss
- 3-5 years of experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software on time
- Ability to contribute to development deliverables as part of a collaborative Agile team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced with agile methodologies, source code version control, collaboration, and build tools such as JIRA, Git, Jenkins/Codeship
- Working knowledge of Amazon cloud services (AWS) including EC2 and S3
- Familiarity with web application security and redundancy/availability practices
- Prior experience with big data and/or machine learning helpful, but not required
- Familiarity with Linux, Bash, Postman, Selenium or other testing practices/tools helpful
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 713-241