Vinfen Program Instructor in Brighton, Massachusetts
As an Instructor, you will work in a day program setting with individuals, their families, and other members of their support system to set measurable goals and objectives through an Individual Service Plan (ISP). ISPs are designed to fit the needs and wants of each individual. Your support and instruction will help individuals achieve goals, overcome barriers, and become more independent. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
On a typical day, you may assist a small group of individuals at a time with varying levels of need. Your work may focus on developmental skill training in self care, self preservation, self-direction, independent living skills, hygiene, and first aid. You may also work with individuals on improving communication, socialization, and fine-and-gross motor skills, and providing enrichment through art, music, and horticulture.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Day Habilitation, day time, mental health, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, ABI, acquired brain injury, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High School diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Strong time management, organizational and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check preferred
FULL-TIME: Full time - Regular
Region: Greater Boston Area
Pay Rate: $13.50 / hour
Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
Standard Hours per Week: 40