State Street Vice President, Controllership Chief Administrative Officer in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Corporation’s Controllership organization is seeking a Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer for the Controllers Organization. The Controllers Organization is responsible for the Company’s external reporting, including both SEC and Regulatory Reporting, setting and advising on the application of the Company’s accounting and regulatory policies and multiple aspects of the control environment assessment and testing. This role will be a key role in the Controllers Organization and will interact directly with all members of the Controller’s leadership team.
The successful candidate must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented person who can develop and manage relationships across State Street and with a wide variety of associates, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge. Strong management, verbal and written communication skills are required. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate with Controllership leaders in the annual setting of goals for each team and for the Controllers Organization as a whole. Develop and maintain a consistent practice for assessing and reporting progress against goals
- Organize and coordinate leadership team meetings for the Controllership leadership team, including seeking input on and setting agenda, managing meeting materials and action item follow up
- Organize and coordinate Talent Council meetings for the members of the Controllership Talent Council, including ensuring timely and appropriate action on identified action items
- Own the Controllership budgeting process, ensuring budgets are established at the right level and develop a tracking and reporting mechanism to identify and explain variances to budget
- Be a key source of support within the group to ensure sustained career growth and staff development; support a collaborative environment that recognizes individual skill sets, fosters cross-functional initiatives and addresses developmental needs
- Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with the Controllership function globally, including many sites outside the United States
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple and competing priorities
- Proven track record of advancement, managerial and business success
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably at a large financial services company, including as an administrative officer or in operations management
- Solid understanding of business functions (i.e., HR, Finance, etc)
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting and reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High level of interpersonal skills & integrity
- Complex problem resolution and management expertise
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Professional Licenses: None
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Vice President, Controllership Chief Administrative Officer
Job ID: 170144
Full/Part Time: Full FTE