State Street User Experience Researcher/Designer, Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street is seeking a User Experience Researcher/Designer. As a core member of the State Street’s new Design Language and Digital Experience team, you are excellent at communication and collaboration, with a willingness to educate the entire organization on the importance of user research. The ideal candidate will display an uncompromising passion for reducing user effort and improving the effectiveness of our services and content. They will be results-oriented and have the ability to take practical steps to achieve a long-term, cutting edge vision. An ideal candidate understands and has applied modern user research methods and best practices, has designed and created digital solutions within organizations and has led field and lab research projects for a variety of financial companies
- Partnering with business leads, development teams and end-users to assess the current experience and determine immediate and long term needs to support deliver a best in class user experience across our products and services.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining, high-quality, multi-format outputs prioritized on research, and incorporating industry best practices.
- Scoping the business requirements to select highly usable, software-based solutions to meet our needs.
- Creating personas, wireframes, process maps, data models, interaction models, and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience. Leading usability studies to demonstrate concepts, test user experience and prove ROI.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of installed solutions. Evangelizing the need to adopt core information management tools as well as experiment with groundbreaking ideas.
- Providing critical alignment between Technology and Business processes governance.
- Experience designing research programs that include qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience translating data into insight, strategy and design direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with product managers to build highly scalable systems
- Experience supporting a multi-language publications environment
- Ability to work with developers to understand their needs for build out and implementation
- Experience developing sitemaps, user flows and scenarios from user research insights
- Ability to lay out current state processes with insights to operational & technical improvements
- Experience taking part in user research and testing
- Ability to translate business needs into long-term information architecture solution
- Experience designing, implementing and managing ontologies
- Experience working within an agile framework and on scrum teams
- Understanding of data limitations and ability to work to push for future data sets prioritized by user research findings
- A desire to step forward and take on new challenges a must
- Research experience from a complex technical field. Especially valued would be experience from research on financial institutions and their offerings
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- MS/MA in user research, human factors, anthropology, human-computer interaction, information science, psychology, plus practice experience
- 7 years’ work experience
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: User Experience Researcher/Designer, Vice President
Job ID: 162934
Full/Part Time: Full FTE