State Street SSGA PMO - Senior Project Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
As a Senior Project Manager in SSGA’s Beacon Project Management Office (PMO), you will oversee all phases of the project lifecycle for strategic, cross-functional business initiatives in the SSGA Beacon Program. These projects may involve process optimization, systems implementation, operating model restructure, risk mitigation and controls, or new revenue opportunities. You are a self-starter who is comfortable with uncertainty and deadline pressure, and possess general knowledge of the asset management industry and the processes that support it.
You will lead the end-to-end planning and management of multiple projects to ensure delivery within expected timeframes, budget and business objectives. You excel in -
- Coordinating communication with, and managing the expectations of, senior management, business partners and the SSGA Beacon Program Leadership
- Overseeing the definition, management and control of project scope and priorities
- Developing, maintaining and adjusting project schedules and resource plans
- Identifying and managing project risks
- Creating timely, clear and accurate project progress reports
- Motivating project team members and partners to meet project objectives
Who you are –
- You apply a global, strategic perspective to solving business challenges
- You cultivate long-term relationships with internal clients that encourage future partnership opportunities with the PMO
- You enjoy mentoring and managing junior staff
- You work collaboratively with other members of the PMO
What you bring -
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; Master’s / MBA preferred
- PMP certification a plus, but not required
- 10+ years of financial services and project management experience
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills and experience in the implementation of investment management business solutions
- Exposure to investment management operations, front office and middle office platforms, and billing processes
- Knowledgeable of Lean, process modeling and data modeling techniques
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, facilitation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to work in and lead global teams; international experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Project, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: SSGA PMO - Senior Project Manager
Job ID: 169305
Full/Part Time: Full FTE