The Mentor Network Senior Internal Auditor in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Internal Auditor Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St Function: Finance Organization: Corporate (Network) Description
The primary role of the Senior Internal Auditor is toconduct independent audits of increased complexity, under the direction of anaudit supervisor to assess and verify the effectiveness of internal controls,adequacy of financial books and records, and efficiency and effectiveness ofoperating procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform eachessential function listed below.
Conducts internal audit engagements inaccordance with the annual audit plan.
Assists the Audit Manager with scoping andplanning engagements.
Understands the detailed processes within thescope of the audit and assesses the controls designed within processes.
Prepares audit test plans with the assistance ofthe Audit Manager.
Conducts audit testing in accordance with testplans to evaluate the effectiveness of controls.
Prepares clear and comprehensive working papersin accordance with generally accepted auditing / IIA standards and InternalAudit Department standards.
- Provides regular communication of the status ofaudit work to client management, as appropriate, and to Internal Auditmanagement.
- Identifies control gaps and audit findings andmakes recommendations designed to remediate control deficiencies.
Presents audit findings and recommendations toclient management in a clear, concise manner, presenting informationappropriate to the level of management.
Influences management to affect positivechange.
Assists the Audit Manager in drafting clear,concise audit reports that identify key risks and value-addedrecommendations.
- Assists with the annual risk assessment processand provides input into the annual audit plan, by participating in risk assessmentmeetings, identifying areas of risk, and proposing projects to include in theannual audit plan.
Assists with other special projects and reviews,as needed.
Serves as a business advisor.
Contributes to our positive, team-orientedculture by maintaining cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolutionof conflicts, as necessary, sharing information, and accepting and providingconstructive feedback.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an effectivecontrol environment under SOx 404 for the accounting operations he or sheoversees. This includes both key and non-key controls and extends to thetimely updating and modification of control design where necessary and theoversight of control remediation activities should exceptions be encountered intesting
- Performs other related duties and activities asrequired.