General Electric Modality Manager - Research Science (RS) Hardware in Boston, Massachusetts
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Accountable to grow sales revenue for RS Hardware products in a zone. Implements the product differentiation and commercial strategy for RS Hardware and optimizes the deployment of Sales Specialists to cover market potential to achieve plan. Helps update the greater Modality on evolving market and customer needs to drive the continuous product innovation. Leads a team of Sales Specialists and will coordinate One Life Sciences activities to maximize business results and customer satisfaction.
• Achieve quarterly & yearly Operating Plan (Orders, Sales, Contribution Margin, Base Costs, Operating Margin, & Cash (where applicable) for assigned geographical area.
• Timely & accurate forecasting of pipeline & sales per the normal reporting cycles
• Provide input to & contribute to the formulation of the yearly business planning cycles
• Maintain deep scientific & technical knowledge including awareness of trends
• Maintain understanding of customers changing technical and/or operational issues and challenges
• Understand & analyze market dynamics & competition, establish extended market intelligence in relation to customer pipeline in order to develop business opportunities for the Modality team & account teams Provide ongoing feedback to management, region and marketing.
• Lead, educate, coach and direct the differentiation of their product/solution/service within their assigned territory. Act as reference to the Regional/Zone account teams regarding differentiation of their products. Continuously positions the value of their product within the relevant Life Sciences segments..
• Ensure and validate up to date knowledge of product positioning and differentiation messages with in their Modality team as well as relevant account teams.
• Determine the market potential for their product/product range or segment and prioritize the opportunities.
• Align territories to market potential and priorities and assign optimal sales resources.
• Prepare & implement a strategy & tactical plan for the designated product area appropriate to the business goals, in line with the global business strategy
• Attract, retain, educate and develop world-class commercial talents to realise product commercial strategy.
• Sets appropriate operating plan targets based on product market potential, for the Sales Specialists
• Ensures compliance and execution of the regional sales process and rules of engagement within their teams
• Ensure Sales Specialists have clear opportunity management activity and activity plans to ensure efficient coverage of decision makers and influencers.
• Ensure team members utilize required sales systems to create pipeline visibility and assist accurate forecasting.
• Drives optimal operating mechanisms to monitor and track progress of opportunities in the pipeline as well as forecasting performance against Operating Plan
• Drive optimal operating mechanisms to deliver on fulfillment targets and order backlog commitments.
• Communicates, executes and leverage the Variable Sales Incentive plans with their teams.
• Leads performance development culture, providing a regular operating mechanism of feedback and coaching
• Travel with team discussing territory coverage, differentiating presenting the value of product and managing opportunities, & provides regular & timely feedback.
• Create regular opportunities to involve the team to share best practices on opportunity management
• Provides update to team on company, region product strategies and customer insights.
• Coach and assist the Sales Specialists with the differentiation of product offerings during the various stages of the sales process to actively move the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome
• Work with the team and drive employee engagement activities to ensure retention across the zone, recognizing success, sharing best practices, providing exposure to people within the team
• Act as a role model for collaborative mindset across functions.
• Educates account team members on their product/service/solution strategy and offerings.
• Facilitate effective communication & trustful collaboration within the Zone matrix organization. Share and follow-up identified leads to other product lines
• Acts as a primary product customer point of contact in the zone and represents the product/product range in case of multi-product projects and cross-P&L business events
Education to Bachelor Degree level, in relevant scientific area.
Experienced in Business Management or Sales / Marketing in progressive leadership positions within the Life Sciences industry with in-depth knowledge of Life Sciences market and decision makers.
Demonstrated business management and resource allocation skills including business plan development.
Strong knowledge of GEHC Research Science and exceptional knowledge of products and services offered within the modality.
Exemplary people management, leadership skills, as well as sales coaching & team building skills.
Strong business acumen; financial and organizational skills.
Advanced negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills.
High level presentation and interpersonal skills; able to communicate and present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact that builds effective strategic relationships.
Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport, collaboration and influence at all levels within an organization. Act as inspirational leader with optimism, highly approachable and humble.
Ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment, while maintaining a forward-thinking and customer-first attitude.
Quality Specific Goals
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies.
Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or Country / Int’l Law is broken.
Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
Master’s degree preferred.
Fluency in English language.
Direct and/or Indirect management experience; managing in a matrix organization.
Strong track record in high technology product sales / solutions.
Locations: United States; Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas; Central US
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.