State Street Application Development Consultant, Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The person in this role will have extensive technical, people and process skill sets that enable us to successfully deliver on this initiative. The position requires a strong background in application architecture and development, a very good understanding of leading IT technologies in particular InfoSphere, RDBMS and Data Warehousing with strong experience in Information Analyzer (IA), InfoSphere Metadata Asset Manager (IMAM), and Information Governance Catalog (IGC). The person in this role will be hands-on, play a team lead role in the Tools and Technologies team within Data Center of Excellence (COE) which is the IT execution arm of Enterprise Data Governance and Management (EDGM) and candidate should have strong ownership mindset. Ideal candidate skillset experience has to include Data Warehousing ETL Development using IBM InfoSphere, DataStage, Autosys, Database Modeling/Designing & Development in Oracle & Scripting languages like UNIX, shell, pearl, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject is required
- 4+ years of experience in professional software development and IT Services
- Experience in Financial Services Industry is required
- Experience in IBM InfoSphere including IA, IMAM and IGC
- Experience in IBM InfoSphere DataStage version 11.3 or above
- Experience in writing complicated SQLs, analyzing query performance, query tuning, database indexes/partitions, stored procedure development, data modeling on Oracle
- Experience in analyzing AWR reports and identify root case of the performance issue
- Experience in writing Unix/Linux scripts
- Familiarity with industry standard version control tools like IBM ClearCase
- Experience in requirements analysis and system design
- Familiarity with Data Governance activities including Data Rules, Data Profiling reports, and Data Rule Definitions
- Understand the business priorities and requirements, architect/develop solutions to meet the business need and lead execution
- Proactively manage system uptime and incident resolutions including vendor
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task, meet aggressive timelines and have strong work ethics
- Experience of working in a financial industry and regulatory initiatives
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Any experience with ESP, State Street cloud and cloud based deployments is plus
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Application Development Consultant, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 168081
Full/Part Time: Full FTE