Visionworks Licensed Optician in 1166 Franklin, Massachusetts
Assists customers with frame selection, fits and dispenses frames. Utilizing technical information to interpret prescription to assist customer with selection of optical products and services.
- Assist each customer in frame and lens selection.
- Provide customers with accurate product information regarding frames, lens selections and other services.
- Provide customers covered by Third Party insurance with accurate information regarding benefits to ensure proper selection of frames and lenses. Discuss frames/lens extras and options. Inform the customer of any additional charges not covered by their Third Party insurance coverage.
- Analyze and interpret patients’ prescriptions.
- Sell, fit and dispense frames and other accessories through the use of accurate measurements, verification of ordered products and adjustments of various optical products.
- Maintain a clean and orderly dispensing area.
- Responsible for the accuracy of patient pricing.
- Communicate clearly with lab and Optometrist to ensure accuracy of prescription.
- Maintain license requirements.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
- Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned. Education, Experience & Background:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to Three months’ related experience or training
- Equivalent combination of Education and Experience
- Must meet current state requirements to practice
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.
*HVHC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law. *
Job Requisition ID: SR22719
Job Title: Licensed Optician
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 1166 Franklin, MA
Post Date: 07/11/2017